Start Location: Whitehorse
Duration: 18 days
Level: All abilities
Date: 29th May to 15th June 2018. Click here to register your interest
Price: £1,500 early bird price (excludes flights which you book)
The Canoe Trail team have raced and paddled the Yukon River on numerous occasions and are offering the ultimate wilderness paddling experience. Rich and Rob have raced the Yukon River Quest Race, 444 miles of wilderness racing. Rich has led four expeditions to this part of the world including sea kayaking from Vancouver Island to Glacier Bay, canoeing from Whitehorse to Dawson City, and seakayaking, hiking and packrafting from Juneau down to Whitehorse via the Chilkoot Trail.
The Yukon is the home of the 1898 Gold Rush and this two-week trip will journey along this historic route from Whitehorse to Dawson City. Over 30,000 ‘stampeders’ headed to this remote frontier to stake claims for gold. Many didn’t make it and many more didn’t find gold. There is plenty of living history still around with the Interpretive Centre at Fort Selkirk, the SS Evelyn Norcom at Hootalinqa and Dawson City itself. The trip will include time to visit the Robin McBride Museum, Diamond Tooth Gerties and Jack London’s Cabin.
You will have plenty of opportunity to improve your paddling skills with our qualified and experienced coaches eager to share their knowledge on this fast-moving water.
A mixture of camping grounds and wild camping will make this a memorable experience. Wildlife on the river includes bears, moose, and wolves.
- All canoe equipment
- Accommodation on arrival in Whitehorse and Dawson City (3 nights)
- Professional instructors and coaching
- Wild camping on the Yukon River and camp grounds
- Transport and shuttle service back (excludes flights)
- Food for expedition days (excludes meals in town locations)
- Coaching on moving water
- Includes free introduction to Moving Water 2 day course with our coaches at Matlock
- Discounted ‘Best of Scotland Canoe Trip’ RRP £849 Early Bird Price £599 Price to Yukon customers £449
- Access to discounted equipment
Dates: 29th May to 15th June 2018