The all new Racer ST is a unique and ground breaking three in one garment that combines a paddling jacket with spray deck and buoyancy aid for the ultimate streamlined performance. This revolutionary garment was four years in development and collaboration between Derbyshire based Peak UK Kayaking Co Ltd, British Canoeing and the English Institute of Sport. It sped Joe Clarke, David Florence and Richard Hounslow down the whitewater course in Rio to Olympic gold and silver.
Traditionally with a regular PFD (life jacket) athletes will have 40-50mm of buoyancy foam on the front and back of their body. The Racer ST holds around 30 percent of it’s flotation in its spraydeck, meaning now there’s less than 20mm of flotation foam on the athlete’s body. Lines can be cut closer to the poles and run times reduced. This piece of kit is truly ‘Performance Enhancing’. It does of course meet all the ISO 12402 and ICF 6.12kg PFD safety standards.
The Racer ST is available now in long and short sleeved versions attached to a Slalom C1 or K1 . It is also available with a Whitewater Composite or Keyhole deck for the ultimate in freestyle or surf kayak performance.
- SS3 four way stretch, breathable and waterproof fabric with 20m hydrostatic head and 20k moisture transmission.
- Gaia environmentally friendly super soft flotation foam. Only 20mm thickness on the body.
- Load bearing and secure webbing body harness.
- Tough faced 4mm neoprene spraydeck with added Gaia buoyancy.
- EU Registered Patent Pending design.
- ISO 12402-5 Certified. ICF 6.12KG Approved.
Colours: Black. Blue. Lime or full Custom designed colours.
Watch the video: https://youtu.be/0I6h8FPHdlQ
Body Sizes: XS. S. M. L. XL
Cockpit Sizes: SC1. SK1. Composite. Keyhole
Short Sleeved £249 / €350
Long Sleeved £269 / €375