The 2015 SUP Armada will take place on the 22nd August 2015 at the stunning Queen Mother Reservoir, home of Datchet Water Sailing Club, overlooked by Windsor Castle. The event will once again bring together hundreds of SUP boarders, their families and their friends for a great day out on and around the water, including an attempt to break a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM title for ‘The Largest Parade of SUP Boarders’.
The first ever SUP Armada took place in October 2014 as a fun addition to the successful Virgin Kitesurfing Armada Festival. SUP boarders, kitesurfers and members of the public all joined forces with the goal of setting a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM title, and 254 people successfully completed the one mile course setting the new record – and the SUP Armada was born.
Organiser Dan Charlish said, ‘The focus of the SUP Armada is to break the World Record, raise funds for charity and get as many people having fun on the water as possible – paddling 1 mile for the Record attempt, and then with 3, 5 and 10 mile targets for the more competitive. Taster sessions will also be available, so even if you have never been on a SUP board before, you can come down, join a taster session and potentially leave a World Record holder!’
Event organisers will set a range of courses for SUP boarders, including children’s, team and club challenges, with some fantastic prizes to be won. The goal is to ensure it’s a great experience for all involved – fancy dress is positively encouraged!
Gabrielle Boase, General Manager at the Datchet Water Sailing Club said, ‘We are delighted to be partnering up with the SUP Armada on such a positive event, and the Queen Mother Reservoir is the perfect venue – I’m sure it will be a fantastic day and we are looking forward to hosting everyone and breaking the World Record!’
A ‘SUP Village’ of industry partners exhibiting all the latest gear and equipment will be set up on site, along with a café, bar and an after party enabling everyone to
hopefully celebrate the new World Record late into the night! The event will be raising money for the Armada Trust, which donates funds raised through Armada events to a range of fantastic youth and rescue charities – to date raising over £120,000.
- Registration for the SUP Armada will be £20 per adult and £10 for children, which covers entrance to the event and the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS attempt, water safety cover and entrance to the after party.
- The event will officially launch on the 16th May 2015 – SUP boarders can register their interest here and receive an email as soon as registration opens.
- To enquire about sponsorship please see the sponsorship opportunities pack or contact Dan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07930 695384
- Keep up to date at our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SUParmada
- The current GUINNESS WORLD RECORDSTM title for ‘The largest Parade of SUP Boarders’ was set by the SUP Armada at Hayling Island on the 12th October 2014 – with 254 SUP Boarders.
- The Armada Trust is a registered charity no: 1158084